Fulham youngster Edun set to join Town on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town are closing in on the loan signing of versatile youngster Tayo Edun from newly-promoted Premier League club Fulham.
HITC Sport have reported that the 20-year-old is undergoing a medical at Portman Road and we understand a deal could be concluded tomorrow.
Edun made four appearances for the Cottagers last season – twice in the League Cup towards the start of the season and twice in the Championship in November.
Left-footed, he can play defensive midfield or at left-back and was on trial with MLS side Portland Timbers earlier this summer.
Edun has represented England from U17 to U20 level and was an international team-mate of Blues duo Andre Dozzell and Trevoh Chalobah when the young Three Lions won the European U19 Championships last summer.
You may also want to watch:
He was sent-off in the final, but was named in the Team of the Tournament.
Championship clubs are allowed a maximum of five loan players in their matchday squads.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
Edun would become the Blues’ third loan signing following Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea) and Janoi Dancien (Accington), although it’s understood there are special measures in place for the latter’s temporary switch to be made permanent (£750k deal in place) outside the transfer window once his work permit issues are resolved.