Roberts is ‘out for a while with a nasty toe injury’ - but he has been nominated for a EFL Trophy award
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Injured striker Jordan Roberts has been nominated for the Leasing.Com Trophy player-of-the-round award.
The forward has netted three goals in just two appearances during the group stage, with two coming against Tottenham's Under 21s before he netted again against Gillingham.
He was substituted during that game with an awkward toe injury, though, which has kept him sidelined ever since.
Roberts, who hasn't played for Ipswich in the league since August, face competition from Newport's Tristan Abrahams, Maxime Biamou of Coventry, Accrington's Jordan Clark and Leicester City's Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall for the award which is voted for by supporters.
"He's still out a while yet, that was a bad one, bit of a weird one in the EFL Trophy," coach Matt Gill said of Roberts recently.
"It was a bad one, it sort of bent back and almost went both ways, so he's still a little way off training with us, so he'll be a no.
You may also want to watch:
"His performances in the Trophy have been great. We're disappointed for Jordan but it gives somebody else an opportunity."
The Blues are through to the next round of the competition and will discover their last-32 opponents in Saturday afternoon's draw, where they can face Portsmouth, Walsall, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, MK Dons, Peterborough or Brighton's Under 21s.
You can vote for Roberts HERE, with voting closing at midnight on November 18.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 6 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners