Midfield dynamo El Mizouni signs for Cambridge United on loan
- Credit: Archant
Young Ipswich Town star Idris El Mizouni has joined Cambridge United on loan for the rest of the season.
The midfield dynamo, who signed his first professional deal with Town in December 2018, has impressed while seeing action nine times this season.
The 19-year-old has scored once for the Blues, but hasn't featured in the league since the clash with Wimbledon back in August.
He's been in and around the first team squad for much of the campaign though, with boss Paul Lambert hinting only last week that he and fellow young star Armando Dobra were unlikely to go out on loan.
Lambert said: They're a different type those two kids.
You may also want to watch:
"They've done well. A difficult one for them, they're in that Catch-22 situation where I think they're not too far away (from being in the team) but they're too good for the U23s.
"That's an annoying one that one because I think they've got a bit more to offer."
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
The U's will hope that the creative El Mizouni can kickstart their flagging season, the Abbey Stadium outfit currently toiling in 16th place in League Two.
United head coach Colin Calderwood said: "When we found out about the possibility of a loan for him, we moved swiftly. Had he have been out there for another day or so, numerous other clubs would have jumped in. He'll add to our attacking threat - he has an athleticism to go with his footballing ability."