Midfield dynamo El Mizouni signs for Cambridge United on loan
- Credit: Archant
Young Ipswich Town star Idris El Mizouni has joined Cambridge United on loan for the rest of the season.
The midfield dynamo, who signed his first professional deal with Town in December 2018, has impressed while seeing action nine times this season.
The 19-year-old has scored once for the Blues, but hasn't featured in the league since the clash with Wimbledon back in August.
He's been in and around the first team squad for much of the campaign though, with boss Paul Lambert hinting only last week that he and fellow young star Armando Dobra were unlikely to go out on loan.
Lambert said: They're a different type those two kids.
"They've done well. A difficult one for them, they're in that Catch-22 situation where I think they're not too far away (from being in the team) but they're too good for the U23s.
"That's an annoying one that one because I think they've got a bit more to offer."
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 8 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
The U's will hope that the creative El Mizouni can kickstart their flagging season, the Abbey Stadium outfit currently toiling in 16th place in League Two.
United head coach Colin Calderwood said: "When we found out about the possibility of a loan for him, we moved swiftly. Had he have been out there for another day or so, numerous other clubs would have jumped in. He'll add to our attacking threat - he has an athleticism to go with his footballing ability."