Elliott Hewitt effectively at Colchester United for the season
Ipswich Town boss, Mick McCarthy, has revealed that Elliott Hewitt is effectively a Colchester United player for the rest of the season.
Hewitt has only just signed a one-month extension to his current deal with the League One U’s, from Town.
And speaking at today’s press conference, Town boss McCarthy said: “He’s there (at Colchester), really, until the end of the season.
“We’ve got a 24-hour recall on him, but he’s got Chambo (Luke Chambers) in front of him, Jonny Parr in front of him and it’s unlikely we’ll call him back unless we have a real problem.
“I hope he can help Colchester,” added McCarthy.
You may also want to watch:
Hewitt, 20, has so far made 16 senior appearances for the U’s, both as a right-back and a right-winger.
On Hewitt’s long-term future at Portman Road, McCarthy said: “We have an option (for an extra year) on him.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
“If we want to keep him, we can keep him.”