Harrison set to make return from injury as Town U23s visit Millwall
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Striker Ellis Harrison will make his return to action this afternoon when Ipswich Town’s Under 23s visit Millwall (1.30pm).
The Welsh forward has been out since the end of September, when he suffered an ankle injury in training, robbing former Blues boss Paul Hurst of a physical presence in attack soon after he had lost Jon Walters to a loan-ending Achilles problem.
In Harrison’s absence, Kayden Jackson and Freddie Sears were left to shoulder the striking burden prior to the arrival of Paul Lambert, who quickly opted to use winger Jordan Roberts as a makeshift striker to good effect during his first three games in charge.
But Harrison’s return will be a major boost to Lambert, with the Blues boss revealing last weekend that the former Bristol Rovers man is not for from being available to him.
“Ellis has actually started back training, which is great,” Lambert said prior to the game with West Brom.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a little bit short of match fitness but he’s a strong player, a strong centre forward, a little bit short of match fitness but doing really well.”
Harrison will take a vital step today, as he turns out for Gerard Nash’s side against the Lions while Aaron Drinan, Myles Kenlock and Ben Folami will also be involved.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
The Under 23s are unbeaten since August, beating Crystal Palace 5-2 in their previous outing.