Harrison nearing move to League One rivals Portsmouth
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town striker Ellis Harrison is close to completing a move to League One rivals Portsmouth.
The 25-year-old joined the Blues last summer in a £750,000 deal from Bristol Rovers, but struggled with injury during his one season at Portman Road and netted just one goal in 17 appearances.
He had been tracked by Pompey prior to making the move to Suffolk before again being linked with the Fratton Park club in January, but now looks set to make the move.
Harrison was pictured at Portsmouth's training ground earlier today and it's understood the potential move is nearing completion.
It's not yet clear how much Portsmouth will pay for the striker.
Earlier today it was revealed goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski is at Championship side Millwall to complete a move to The Den, with the Pole undergoing a medical this afternoon.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 10 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport