Harrison nearing move to League One rivals Portsmouth
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town striker Ellis Harrison is close to completing a move to League One rivals Portsmouth.
The 25-year-old joined the Blues last summer in a £750,000 deal from Bristol Rovers, but struggled with injury during his one season at Portman Road and netted just one goal in 17 appearances.
He had been tracked by Pompey prior to making the move to Suffolk before again being linked with the Fratton Park club in January, but now looks set to make the move.
Harrison was pictured at Portsmouth's training ground earlier today and it's understood the potential move is nearing completion.
It's not yet clear how much Portsmouth will pay for the striker.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today it was revealed goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski is at Championship side Millwall to complete a move to The Den, with the Pole undergoing a medical this afternoon.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover