Ellis leads the way as Witches lose by six
Edinburgh 48 Ipswich Witches 42
Adam Ellis bounced back from a torrid night at Redcar to give the Witches a decent chance of making the League Cup final.
The 16-year-old top-scored for the Witches in a meeting that saw No.1 Ben Barker aggravate a long-standing knee injury after he crashed out in heat 13.
He was taken to hospital for check-ups.
The Witches had battled back to being all square after heat 12, but Barker’s crash gifted the home side a 5-1 maximum.
“We are not too unhappy to try and make up six points,” said Pete Simmons, the Witches team manager.
“It’s do-able and that’s the main thing.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week