It’s ‘Girl Power Day’ for Suffolk tennis coaches
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk tennis coaches and county junior girls took part in a ‘Girl Power Day’ recently with international speaker, mentor and coach, Emma Doyle.
The day was funded by Suffolk LTA to support Judy Murray and the LTA’s ‘She Rallies’ initiative that aims to create more opportunities for women and girls in tennis.
The aim of the day was to inspire and empower the girls and build on coaches’ knowledge of working with girls at their venues. This is vital to the success of girls’ tennis in Suffolk.
Meanwhile, the 28th Suffolk Seniors’ Closed Indoor Championships 2017 took place at the Ipswich Sports Club. The results were:
40+ Mixed Doubles winners were Charles Fulcher & Linda Whipp, runners-up Kevin Sutton & Wendy Hicks
You may also want to watch:
55+ Mixed Doubles winners were David Howell & Karen Watling, runners-up Graham Hudson & Sandra Ayres
55+ Men’s Singles winner David Taylor, runner-up Charles Fulcher
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
65+ Men’s Singles winner Adrian Mcinerney, runner-up Barry Pearson
70+ Men’s Singles winner Keith Palmer, runner-up Geoffrey Johnson
55+ Men’s Doubles winners Mark French & Charles Fulcher, runners-up Andrew Clamp & David Taylor
65+ Men’s Doubles winners Peter Aldous & Adrian Mcinerney, runners-up Phillip Morter & Keith Palmer
40+ Woman’s Singles, winner Kirstie Caneparo, runner-up Elizabeth Cubitt
40+ Woman’s Doubles winners Gail Corcoran & Caroline Harris, runners-up Sandra Ayres & Joan Hassell
60+ Woman’s Doubles winners Gail Corcoran & Caroline Harris, runners-up Sandra Ayres & Joan Hassell
This weekend Suffolk Men’s and Ladies County teams play in the winter round of the competition. The men team travel to Hills Road in Cambridge. In their group this year they play against Middlesex, Sussex and North Wales. The Ladies team travel to the Boston Tennis Club in Lincolnshire, where they play against Northamptonshire, Cumbria and South of Scotland.
Peter Mornard’s funeral will be held on Friday, December 1, at St Margaret’s Church, Soane Street, Ipswich, IP4 2BT at 12 noon.