Emmanuel Osei sends Leiston through in FA Trophy
A STUNNING header from Emmanuel Osei three minutes from time booked Leiston a home FA Trophy third-round tie against Hampton & Richmond.
Osei’s winner settled a seven-goal thriller against Metropolitan Police in Surrey last night.
Both sides struck the woodwork in a goal less first half that Met Police shaded in a half that was delayed due to a nasty injury to Jordan Heath.
But the fun began five minutes after the break when Bird put the hosts ahead.
The lead lasted two minutes as Rhys Henry fired home after good work from Osei.
You may also want to watch:
Home striker Alan Tait put the Police ahead with a deflected shot with 20 minutes to go, but within four minutes the visitors led for the first time as first Gareth Heath and then a Luke Hammond volley put Leiston 3-2 ahead.
Tait responded with his second and the hosts’ third 12 minutes from time but Leiston capped a fine display when Osei sent a super header home from Danny Thrower’s cross to book a home tie against Hampton & Richmond on Saturday, November 10.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 9 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology