Huws makes long-awaited return from injury as Under 23s host Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Archant
Emyr Huws will make his long-awaited return to action for Ipswich Town’s Under 23s this afternoon.
The Welsh midfielder has not played for the Blues’ first-team since December 2017, when he suffered a knee injury at Middlesbrough which subsequently required surgery to repair cartilage damage.
He’s been hit by a number of niggles since as he bids to get back on the field.
Huws last played for the Under 23s in August, scoring in a draw at Crewe, and made the first-team bench for the 1-0 victory over Rotherham in January.
He will start the Under 23s’ game with Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon in a midfield also including Tristan Nydam and Idris El Mizouni.
You may also want to watch:
Gerard Nash’s side head into the clash top of the Professional Development League Two South table - five points ahead of second-placed Crystal Palace and with a game in hand.
Meanwhile the Owls occupy seventh position in the Northern division and have won one of their last four matches.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Kick-off is at 1pm.