England boss names Euro 2012 squad
ENGLAND manager Roy Hodgson has named his 23-man squad for this summer’s Euro 2012 tournament in Ukraine and Poland.
The Three Lions will face France, Ukraine and Sweden in the group stages as they plan to win a first major trophy since 1966.
Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy has been rewarded for a fine season in the Premier League with a place in the 23-man squad, while Liverpool’s Andy Carroll has also earned a place after a fine end to the season. Ruddy’s Norwich team-mate, Grant Holt, has missed out.
Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlian has also been chosen.
England team: Hart, Green, Ruddy, Glen Johnson, Jones, Terry, A Cole, Baines, Cahill, Lescott, Barry, Young, Lampard, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Walcott, Downing, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carroll, Rooney, Welbeck, Defoe.
You may also want to watch:
Stand-by list: Jack Butland (GK), Jagielka, Henderson, Adam Johnson, Sturridge.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening