England crash out of Euro 2008
VIDEO Millions of England fans were left devastated tonight when England failed to qualify for the European Championships after a dismal loss to Croatia.England went 2-0 down when Scott Carson, in for Paul Robinson, helped Nico Kranjcar's shot into the net and then Ivica Olic slipped in a second.
MILLIONS of England fans were left devastated tonight when England failed to qualify for the European Championships after a dismal loss to Croatia.
England went 2-0 down when Scott Carson, in for Paul Robinson, helped Nico Kranjcar's shot into the net and then Ivica Olic slipped in a second.
Frank Lampard pulled one back from the spot after Jermain Defoe was fouled, before David Beckham, winning a 99th cap, set up Peter Crouch to level it.
But Mladen Petric fired in from 25 yards to break England's hearts.
You may also want to watch:
The result will surely cost Steve McClaren his job as England manager and after such an abysmal display, he can have few complaints.
This will be the first major international football tournament since 1984
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
without England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
In 1994 none of the home nations qualified for the World Cup in the USA, and
many UK fans took the Republic on as their adopted side.
The England team has qualified for every European Championship and World Cup since 1994.