England in strong position after day two
ENGLAND ended the second day of the First Test against India in Chennai in a strong position.The tourists had reduced India to 155 for six from 45 overs in reply to England's 316 all out.
ENGLAND ended the second day of the First Test against India in Chennai in a strong position.
The tourists had reduced India to 155 for six from 45 overs in reply to England's 316 all out.
Graeme Swann, the Nottinghamshire off spinner making his Test debut, took two wickets in his first over as India slipped to 37 for three at tea.
Although India subsequently started to recover, a wicket apiece for Monty Panesar, Andrew Flintofff and Steve Harmison to add to Jimmy Anderson's initial strike meant India closed the day precariously placed.
You may also want to watch:
Sachin Tendulkar has so far top-scored in India's reply, making 37 before he was caught and bowled by Flintoff.
Matt Prior earlier held the England innings together with a defiant 53 not out.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete