England star coming to Diss
ONE of the best female players in the world, Maggie Alphonsi, will be leading a special girls’ development session at Diss Rugby Club next week.
Alphonsi, a star for England as well as a figurehead of the women’s game, will be leading the coaching sessions for girls in the Under-15s and Under-18s age groups.
The session has been put in place to ensure that girls in the Eastern Counties have an opportunity to be nominated to trial for the London and South East Division – as well as learn from Alphonsi herself.
The event will be held on Sunday, November 6, and is open to all players from clubs, schools and colleges in the local area giving girls the chance to develop their skills and learn from others.
Any younger players who would like to watch the training and meet Alphonsi are also welcome, as are coaches who would like to observe the session.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have asked for girls interested to register as quickly as possible so sessions can be planned accordingly.
More information on the event, including a registration form, can be found on Eastern Counties Rugby Union’s website www.ecrfu.com.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 7 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report