England captain Hartley flies in for Finborough School rugby festival
- Credit: Archant
England and Northampton Saints rugby captain Dylan Hartley made a surprise appearance at Finborough School’s annual youth community rugby festival.
Arriving in style by helicopter, the England captain watched over 300 boys from across the region take part in a tournament involving 15 clubs and schools.
The Shield was won by Norwich School, with victories over Langley Prep School and Finborough School B team. The Vase competition was won by Southwold Rugby Club with hard-fought wins against Barnadiston School and St Joseph’s College.
The Plate was won by Langley School at Taverham Hall narrowly beating New Hall School and Colchester RGS. The Bowl was hotly contested by St Faith’s School, Royal Hospital School and Perse, with St Faiths running out as eventual winners.
Hartley presented the trophies and medals afterwards. Headteacher Steven Clark said: “It was fantastic to have Dylan with us for the morning and a great surprise to us all when he landed by helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
“He was very approachable and a complete inspiration to these young boys who will never forget the day they met an England captain, a true talisman.”
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker