Ennis labelled fat by senior figure at UK Athletics
GREAT BRITAIN Olympic hopeful and 2012 pin-up girl Jessica Ennis has been labelled fat by a senior figure at UK Athletics, according to her coach, Toni Minichiello.
Ennis will be competing in the Heptathlon at this summer’s Games and the 2009 World Championship gold medalist is one of the nation’s favourites to win gold.
However, Minichiello revealed that Ennis’ preparation is not being helped by comments from people in “fairly high positions, who should know better”.
“I get e-mails, phone calls, text messages and voicemails giving me advice on what I should be doing with Jessica Ennis that’s going to make a difference. It’s a lot of background noise that you can get easily distracted by,” he said.
“Yes, it might be a great idea, but it’s not a great idea for today, it’s a great idea for next year.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never had any issue with her weight or shape. There are times I’ve wished she was taller, but that’s it.
“The things you can’t deal with are what we’ve dubbed as ‘silver bullets’. And other people. You can’t deal with the expectations and pressures that are on other people, like the BOA’s team management.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences