Ensors set the standard in Office Olympics
Following minutes of strict diets and rigorous training, the Ensors team finally set the standard on Thursday 24 November 2011 which they hope will win them the Gold Medal in next years Office Olympics.
A well-honed team of 12 top athletes took part in disciplines that included Basketball, Throwing Triathlon and the blue riband event – Synchronised Swimming.
Jonathan Wingfield, who was tipped to set an unprecedented score on the Pong game, suffered an serious wrist injury two weeks ago whilst opening a can of Pepsi and there were worries that he might have to withdraw from the event altogether. Thankfully, Saxmundham office ‘first aider’, who has asked to remain nameless, was able to administer some very timely physiotherapy and Jonathan set what can only be described as an astounding score.
Danny Clifford, Managing Partner, said “I am really proud of the effort our team have put in – their dedication and commitment is a fine example to all budding athletes.” He continued, “I am particularly proud of the synchronised swimming team who went beyond the call of duty and sported matching grass skirts and bra tops - a detail that I would like to personally commend - except possibly in the case of Ric Brett, the male member of the team. This, I am sure, will win them extra votes as it really catches the eye - and thankfully distracts away from the performance itself.”
Unfortunately, some crowd trouble was experienced during the Sack Race that organisers quickly nipped in the bud before it got too ugly. Several members of the crowd threw ‘basketballs’ at Lorraine Evans as she attempted the Sack Race. As a novice at this event, Lorraine was understandably shaken by the experience but was highly professional in her handling of the situation and set an impressive time despite the disturbance.
You may also want to watch:
Ensors Office Olympic team members:
Throwing Triathlon – David Scrivener (javelin); Louise Rogers (discus); Steve Runnacles (shot putt)
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
Basketball – Matt Moss
Standing Long Jump – Alison Ryder
Sack Race – Lorraine Evans
Pong – Jonathan Wingfield
Synchronised Swimming – Carole Leggett; Sally Campbell; Jodie Stockings; Simone Daly; Richard Brett
The organisers would like to thank:
Alison Hailstone – make-up
Jodie Stockings – choreography
Carole Leggett – sound
A. Skip - costumes