Essex duo sign new deals
TYMAL Mills and Tom Craddock have both signed new two-year contracts with Essex.
Mildenhall bowler Mills, 19, has risen through the ranks at Essex and has broken into the first-team squad this season.
Mills, who is also part of the England Under-19s squad, made his first-cCass debut for Essex this season versus Sri Lanka and took three wickets in the LV= County Championship match against Leicestershire at Grace Road.
He said: “I am very pleased to have signed my new contract with Essex as the hard work I have put in this year has now paid off for me. I am excited about looking forward and continuing to work hard throughout the winter, then establishing a regular place in the squad next season.”
Head coach Paul Grayson said: “We are really pleased with the progress Tymal has made since coming into the first-team set-up. He is a player with genuine pace and he has showed excellent work with bowling coach, Chris Silverwood.
You may also want to watch:
“We are hoping for bigger and better things from Tymal and he is a big part of the future at Essex, and this is why we offered him a 2 year contract.”
Trialist Craddock, has signed a contract which will run until the end of the 2013 season.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
Craddock, 22, joined the club after impressing while playing for Unicorns in the Clydesdale Bank 40 competition. Craddock has played an important role since joining the Essex side, playing 10 matches and taking 20 wickets.
He said: “I’m absolutely delighted with signing a two-year contract with Essex as this is something I have been working towards for a while now. I have fitted in to group really well and there is an excellent set of lads at Essex who have made me feel very welcome. It’s a great team and it’s good to now be fully part of it.
“Looking ahead, my main focus is to cement my spot across all squads and help the team push for promotion to Division One and win some silverware.”
Grayson said, “I am delighted that Tom has agreed a two-year deal with the club. He has made a huge impact within the side and now I’m looking forward to working closely with him and developing his skills further as an Essex player.”