Essex Police name man who died after incident in Maldon as Daniel Maher
- Credit: Archant
A man who died after a crash on the A12 near Colchester has been named as 55-year-old Darius Lapotka.
Essex Police officers were called to the northbound carriageway near Dedham at around 9.45pm on Tuesday, September 26.
A man had left his vehicle parked in a layby, and was involved in a collision with at least one other vehicle.
Police have now confirmed the man who died at the scene was Polish-national Darius Lapotka.
No-one was arrested and the road was closed until around 3am wile officers conducted an investigation at the scene.
Officers are asking for anyone who witnessed what happened, or has any dash cam footage to contact them on 101.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 7 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 10 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month