Essex Police name man who died after incident in Maldon as Daniel Maher
- Credit: Archant
A man who died after a crash on the A12 near Colchester has been named as 55-year-old Darius Lapotka.
Essex Police officers were called to the northbound carriageway near Dedham at around 9.45pm on Tuesday, September 26.
A man had left his vehicle parked in a layby, and was involved in a collision with at least one other vehicle.
Police have now confirmed the man who died at the scene was Polish-national Darius Lapotka.
No-one was arrested and the road was closed until around 3am wile officers conducted an investigation at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are asking for anyone who witnessed what happened, or has any dash cam footage to contact them on 101.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death