Essex v Suffolk derby in FA Cup
BRAINTREE Town will host Lowestoft Town in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Today’s draw pitted the Blue Square Bet Premier side at home to their Ryman League Premier Division Suffolk neighbours, who won 1-0 at St Albans on Saturday.
Bury Town’s reward for their impressive 4-0 victory over Hampton & Richmond Borough is a tough-looking away trip to Dorchester Town, who currently sit second in Blue Square Bet South.
Chelmsford City, who are fourth in Blue Square Bet South, have been drawn at home to East Thurrock United, who are 11th in the Ryman League Premier Division at present.
Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division sole survivors Dereham Town will be away to South Park, if they can overcome Metropolitan Police in Wednesday night’s replay after Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Aldiss Park. Surrey-based South Park play in the Cherry Red Records Combined Counties League Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
After pocketing �7,500 for winning through the third qualifying round clubs will be competing for a purse of �12,500 for each of the winning sides in the fourth qualifying round.
FA Cup fourth qualifying round draw (selected ties only): Braintree Town v Lowestoft Town, Cambridge United v Luton Town, Chelmsford City v East Thurrock United, Dorchester Town v Bury Town, Histon or Corby Town v Eastbourne Borough or Hendon, South Park v Dereham Town or Metropolitan Police.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
Ties are scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 20.