‘Town target’ Robson signs for League One rivals Blackpool
- Credit: Archant
Midfielder Ethan Robson, a player linked with a move to Ipswich Town earlier this summer, has signed for League One rivals Blackpool.
The 23-year-old central midfielder, released by boyhood club Sunderland at the end of last season, has signed a two-year deal with the Tangerines.
He becomes their sixth summer signing, with Pool having also inked Keshi Anderson, Marvin Ekpiteta, CJ Hamilton, Oliver Sarkic and Jerry Yates so far this window.
Robson was said to be a target for Town, plus Portsmouth, Oxford and Fleetwood.
It seems unlikely that the Blues would be looking to bring in another young midfielder, given that’s one area of the pitch where they’re well-stocked - a new striker is known to be top of boss Paul Lambert’s summer wishlist.
Robson said: “I’m delighted to be joining Blackpool and I can’t wait to get started.
You may also want to watch:
“It wasn’t an easy decision to leave Sunderland, which is where I’ve grown up and developed over the years.
“But after speaking to Neil Critchley and hearing what he had to say about the team and where he wants to take it, I felt it was a journey I wanted to be a part of.
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Matchday Live: Town two down in 'season-defining' game as Harrop sees red
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 9 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
“Blackpool is on the up and I’m looking forward to seeing what the future brings here.”