Evans wants ex-Town forward Roberts back at the Gills
- Credit: Archant
Gillingham boss Steve Evans says he hopes to bring ex-Ipswich Town forward Jordan Roberts back to the club after he impressed on loan.
Roberts, who only played a single minute of League One football for Town during the coronavirus-shortened season just gone, joined the Gills on loan in January.
He made ten appearances, scoring twice, before football was halted by the pandemic.
Roberts was released by Town after the season was ended. In all he played 17 times for the Blues, netting three times, after joining in July 2018.
But Evans said he’d love to bring both Roberts and former Town loanee Jordan Graham back to the club for next season.
You may also want to watch:
“We got significant help from Ipswich Town and Wolves to take those lads (on loan) but I have spoken to them both and they loved every minute of it,” Evans told Kent Online.
“My chats with them will continue over the next week or so. They are certainly players we would absolutely welcome working with again, for sure.”
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
He added: “Those lads know what it is about,” Evans said.
“I can have a chat with them on the phone and they know what I am like and where I am coming from.
“They will have opportunities to pick from a selection of clubs. We are never going to be at the front of it for finances but we should probably be at the front of it when it comes to football, for a lot of reasons.”