Everton go for Jo
EVERTON have offered Brazilian misfit Jo an escape from his Manchester City misery in their attempts to solve their very own striker crisis.The Toffees have agreed a deal to take the 21-year-old to Goodison Park on loan for the remainder of the season, as soon as his work permit is finalised.
EVERTON have offered Brazilian misfit Jo an escape from his Manchester City misery in their attempts to solve their very own striker crisis.
The Toffees have agreed a deal to take the 21-year-old to Goodison Park on loan for the remainder of the season, as soon as his work permit is finalised.
Despite getting clearance for City in the summer, the fact he will be switching employers means they must go through the procedure again.
Jo arrived at Eastlands in the summer as City's club record buy when they forked out �18million to land him from CSKA Moscow.
You may also want to watch:
Yet he has failed to make any sort of impact in England, and has started only six league games, while the last of his three City goals came in September.
Everton boss David Moyes, who has little money to spend, has been hunting a short-term striker because of a staggering injury list.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
Yakubu is out for the season, rookie James Vaughan almost certainly so and Louis Saha has also yet to return from another battle with hamstring problems.
Moyes has even been forced to play midfielder Tim Cahill up front in recent weeks.
Everton are also believed to be were hunting Ghana's Asamoah Gyan on loan, however, his club Rennes are reluctant to part with the African unless they get an �8m transfer fee.