Everything you need to know about the free Ipswich Town PDP player trials being held at the Sybil Andrews Academy on Moreton Hall Estate, Bury St Edmunds in February 2017
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve got a football-mad child in your home you might want to take them along to Ipswich Town’s open trials event the week after Ferbuary half-term.
The club’s player development programme (PDP) is on the search for the next generation’s future footballing stars to get involved at various age groups.
Here is everything you need to know about the event.
When are the trials being held? It’s all taking place on the evening of Tuesday, February 21. 2017, from 6pm for the younger age groups and 7pm for the older age groups (see below).
Where will the trials take place? The event is being held on the new Skyliner 3G pitch at the Sybil Andrews Academy, Rougham Tower Avenue, Moreton Hall Estate, Bury St Edmunds, IP32 7QB.
You may also want to watch:
What age children are the trials for? Children in age groups from under seven to under 12 are welcome, and are split into two groups. U7, U8 and U9 will be in action from 6pm, while the U10, U11 and U12 age groups are in action at 7pm.
Are goalkeepers included? Yes – they should turn up at the appropriate time for their age group (see above).
Do I need to register my child? Yes, this is a must. You can do so by emailing Richard Boreham (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you should head up your email with ‘Bury PDP Trial’.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
What information do I need to give about my child? In the email booking your child’s place you should include their full name, date of birth, school year group, current club (if applicable), a contact email address and phone number, and any relevant medical information.
What equipment do they need at the trials? Astro or rubber moulded trainers/boots need to be worn. Metal studs are not allowed.