Ex-Colchester United right-back linked with Yeovil switch
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Sean Clohessy has been linked with a move to relegated club, Yeovil Town.
Colchester United boss, Tony Humes, lost no time in releasing Clohessy from his contract at the Community Stadium, following an up-and-down season.
Recruited from Scottish Premier club Kilmarnock last summer, by then-U’s boss Joe Dunne, the experienced Clohessy went on to play 32 league games for his new club.
However, Clohessy fell out of favour with Humes, on a couple of occasions, the second of them eventually signalling the end of his Colchester career.
Clohessy was initially dropped for one game – a 6-0 defeat at MK Dons at the end of November – before returning to the squad and reclaiming his right-back role.
You may also want to watch:
But when he refused to shake hands with Humes, after being substituted during the 2-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers on February 28, Clohessy was not selected again.
The 28-year-old was released from his contract, with a year still to run, so that he could have a better chance of finding a new club.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
And he has already attracted the interest of Yeovil, who are managed by Paul Sturrock.
The two worked together while Sturrock was the manager at Southend, Clohessy rattling up 137 league appearances for the Shrimpers between 2010 and 2013.
Another former U’s player, Craig Eastmond, moved to Yeovil from Colchester last February, on a short-term deal until the end of the season.