Ex-Crystal Palace left-back Jonathan Parr signs a two-year deal at Ipswich Town
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Ipswich Town have confirmed the free transfer addition of former Crystal Palace left-back Jonathan Parr.
The 25-year-old – who was released by the Eagles at the end of last season – has put pen to paper on a two-year deal after undergoing a medical and holding talks with Blues boss Mick McCarthy today. The duo will now fly out to Ireland to join up with the rest of the Blues squad ahead of the club’s first pre-season game, against Dublin-based side Shelbourne this Saturday.
Norwegian-born Parr – who has nine international caps to his name – made over 100 appearances for Palace during his three seasons at Selhurst Park. He was a key figure when Ian Holloway’s side were promoted to the Premier League in 2012/13, but was restricted to just seven starts in the top-flight last season thanks to a combination of injuries and Dean Moxey’s good form.
Parr arrives as a replacement for Aaron Cresswell, the latter having completed a £3.75m switch to Premier League club West Ham last week.
He becomes the club’s fourth signing of the summer after the additions of Cameron Stewart, Stephen Hunt and Alex Henshall. It’s also understood that talks are underway regarding the signing of Notts County keeper Bartosz Bialkowski.
You may also want to watch:
– For more on parr, see tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 10 Is this the most perfect pizza in Suffolk?