Ex-Essex paceman Tony Palladino extends Derbyshire stay
FORMER Essex paceman Tony Palladino has signed a new three-year contract with Derbyshire.
Palladino claimed 56 first-class wickets as Derbyshire gained promotion to Division One of the LV= County Championship this season.
In two seasons with the club to Palladino has now captured 108 victims at an average of 26.01.
Palladino, who played three match for Suffolk in 2010, also scored his maiden first-class hundred against Australia A in July.
He told ecb.co.uk: “This is fantastic news for me. To be able to commit the next three years to Derbyshire during the prime of my career is exactly what I wanted to do.
You may also want to watch:
“The last couple of weeks have been fantastic. Winning the league and gaining promotion with this group of players was phenomenal. To now be able to sign a new contract is the icing on the cake.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots