Ex-Essex paceman Tony Palladino extends Derbyshire stay
FORMER Essex paceman Tony Palladino has signed a new three-year contract with Derbyshire.
Palladino claimed 56 first-class wickets as Derbyshire gained promotion to Division One of the LV= County Championship this season.
In two seasons with the club to Palladino has now captured 108 victims at an average of 26.01.
Palladino, who played three match for Suffolk in 2010, also scored his maiden first-class hundred against Australia A in July.
He told ecb.co.uk: “This is fantastic news for me. To be able to commit the next three years to Derbyshire during the prime of my career is exactly what I wanted to do.
“The last couple of weeks have been fantastic. Winning the league and gaining promotion with this group of players was phenomenal. To now be able to sign a new contract is the icing on the cake.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 8 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors