Ex-Ipswich Town star Jimmy Bullard to be guest speaker at Suffolk FA awards night
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town and ‘I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here’ star Jimmy Bullard is to be guest speaker at this year’s Suffolk FA Awards Night sponsored by McDonald’s and Ransomes Jacobsen.
The Awards Night is taking place at Trinity Park on the outskirts of Ipswich on Friday, June 23rd.
The evening, which has been held at Portman Road for the past two years, is one of the highlights of the Suffolk football calendar, and Bullard is expected to be a big attraction.
Bullard follows in the footsteps of former Ipswich Town Chairman and now Chairman of St George’s Park David Sheepshanks and ex-Ipswich Town Manager George Burley, who both spoke at the inaugural dinner, and FA Chief Executive Martin Glenn, who attended last year’s event.
Ex-Wigan, Fulham and Hull City midfielder Bullard, who is now manager of Ryman League Premier Division side Leatherhead, said: “I am looking forward to coming back to this part of the country.
“Ipswich fans were always amazing to me and I even managed to have a laugh with the rival clubs’ supporters!”
Bullard’s appearance is in association with The KBB Centre and company director Roger Peck said: “We at The KBB Centre are thrilled that Jimmy Bullard has accepted our invitation to attend the Suffolk FA awards night.
- 1 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
“As lifelong Town fans, followers of non-league football and watchers of ‘I’m A Celebrity’ it will be great to hear some of his stories.
“It will be a great night out to look forward to at the start of the Summer.”
The evening will also feature the FA Community Awards presented by McDonald’s, which reward unsung heroes of the grassroots game, plus various other awards.
Mark Richards, a Director of Mardi Foods who has a chain of McDonald’s restaurants in Suffolk, said: “Once again we at McDonald’s are delighted to be sponsoring the Suffolk FA Awards Night where we celebrate the endeavours of those many individuals who make football the beautiful game.”
Ticket details will be announced soon.