Ex-Ipswich Town star Jimmy Bullard to be guest speaker at Suffolk FA awards night
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town and ‘I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here’ star Jimmy Bullard is to be guest speaker at this year’s Suffolk FA Awards Night sponsored by McDonald’s and Ransomes Jacobsen.
The Awards Night is taking place at Trinity Park on the outskirts of Ipswich on Friday, June 23rd.
The evening, which has been held at Portman Road for the past two years, is one of the highlights of the Suffolk football calendar, and Bullard is expected to be a big attraction.
Bullard follows in the footsteps of former Ipswich Town Chairman and now Chairman of St George’s Park David Sheepshanks and ex-Ipswich Town Manager George Burley, who both spoke at the inaugural dinner, and FA Chief Executive Martin Glenn, who attended last year’s event.
Ex-Wigan, Fulham and Hull City midfielder Bullard, who is now manager of Ryman League Premier Division side Leatherhead, said: “I am looking forward to coming back to this part of the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Ipswich fans were always amazing to me and I even managed to have a laugh with the rival clubs’ supporters!”
Bullard’s appearance is in association with The KBB Centre and company director Roger Peck said: “We at The KBB Centre are thrilled that Jimmy Bullard has accepted our invitation to attend the Suffolk FA awards night.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
“As lifelong Town fans, followers of non-league football and watchers of ‘I’m A Celebrity’ it will be great to hear some of his stories.
“It will be a great night out to look forward to at the start of the Summer.”
The evening will also feature the FA Community Awards presented by McDonald’s, which reward unsung heroes of the grassroots game, plus various other awards.
Mark Richards, a Director of Mardi Foods who has a chain of McDonald’s restaurants in Suffolk, said: “Once again we at McDonald’s are delighted to be sponsoring the Suffolk FA Awards Night where we celebrate the endeavours of those many individuals who make football the beautiful game.”
Ticket details will be announced soon.