Ex-player believes Achilles have six players that could grace Thurlow Nunn League
- Credit: Archant
Despite Achilles boss Liam Hillyard being naturally disappointed, his side can take great credit in becoming the SIL Senior Division runners-up, following their first-ever Suffolk Senior Cup success at Portman Road.
A further opportunity arises when they defend the Bob Coleman Cup where they meet Benhall St Mary at Woodbridge Town next Friday.
Their charismatic Chairman Dave Morgan confirmed that this had almost without doubt been the most successful playing season Achilles had ever enjoyed.
He further praised the managerial work of Luke Hillyard and Andy Coote.
In a match that Achilles largely dominated their were significant contributions from captain Kieron Donovan, Liam Hillyard and Gavin Vanoene who scored a goal to grace any match.
You may also want to watch:
Ex-player John Deasy said that six Achilles players could easily play at Thurlow Nunn level.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 9 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 10 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester