Ex-Test stars heading to Frinton
A HOST of former Test stars are heading for Frinton’s Ashlyns Road ground for the start of the club’s well-establish Cricket Week on Sunday.
Matthew Maynard (Glamorgan and England) will skipper the Professional Cricketers’ Association XI against the Gentlemen of Frinton, captained by Russell Everson.
Maynard will be able to call on former Australian Test player Ian Harvey along with England’s Peter Such, Dean Headley, Alex Tudor and Phil de Freitas.
Darren Cousins (ex-Essex) and Steve Marsh (ex-Kent) are also in the line-up.
Other well-known players are likely to complete the XI.
You may also want to watch:
Frinton have half-a-dozen players from their current squad, bidding for the Division One title in the Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship, plus guests from other top Two Counties teams.
Matt and Ben Foakes, Trevor Moulton, Tom Lawes, Mark Jones and Chat Herath will join Everson along with Tymal Mills (Mildenhall), Kyran Young (Mistley), Andy Northcote (Woolpit), Chris Swallow (Copdock & OIs) and Matt Hembrey, a New Zealander who plays for Horsham.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 6 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 7 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 10 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
The match against the PCA XI will start at 11am and a marquee of 280 people has just about been sold out for lunch.
However, all spectators are welcome on the day.
The rest of Frinton’s week is (all 11.30am starts): Monday, President’s XI v Gents of Esses; Tuesday, Gents of Frinton v Stoics; Wednesday, Gents of Frinton v Plaxtol (Kent); Thursday, Gents of Frinton v Gents of Barking; Friday, Gents of Frinton v MCC.