Ex-Test stars heading to Frinton
A HOST of former Test stars are heading for Frinton’s Ashlyns Road ground for the start of the club’s well-establish Cricket Week on Sunday.
Matthew Maynard (Glamorgan and England) will skipper the Professional Cricketers’ Association XI against the Gentlemen of Frinton, captained by Russell Everson.
Maynard will be able to call on former Australian Test player Ian Harvey along with England’s Peter Such, Dean Headley, Alex Tudor and Phil de Freitas.
Darren Cousins (ex-Essex) and Steve Marsh (ex-Kent) are also in the line-up.
Other well-known players are likely to complete the XI.
Frinton have half-a-dozen players from their current squad, bidding for the Division One title in the Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship, plus guests from other top Two Counties teams.
Matt and Ben Foakes, Trevor Moulton, Tom Lawes, Mark Jones and Chat Herath will join Everson along with Tymal Mills (Mildenhall), Kyran Young (Mistley), Andy Northcote (Woolpit), Chris Swallow (Copdock & OIs) and Matt Hembrey, a New Zealander who plays for Horsham.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
The match against the PCA XI will start at 11am and a marquee of 280 people has just about been sold out for lunch.
However, all spectators are welcome on the day.
The rest of Frinton’s week is (all 11.30am starts): Monday, President’s XI v Gents of Esses; Tuesday, Gents of Frinton v Stoics; Wednesday, Gents of Frinton v Plaxtol (Kent); Thursday, Gents of Frinton v Gents of Barking; Friday, Gents of Frinton v MCC.