Former Town striker Rhodes set for Norwich talks
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Ipswich Town striker Jordan Rhodes is reportedly set for talks with Norwich City about a potential season-long loan switch from Sheffield Wednesday.
According to the Sheffield Star, the Owls have dropped their initial request for a £3m loan fee.
Rhodes has scored just five goals in 31 games since moving to Hillsborough for a reported £8m in January 2017.
The 28-year-old is thought to be one of Wednesday’s biggest earners, reportedly on £40,000 per week, and the Yorkshire club are said to expect the Canaries to cover a ‘big proportion’ of those wages.
Former Kesgrave High School pupil Rhodes came through the youth ranks at Ipswich Town. A prolific scorer at youth and reserve level, he made just 10 substitute appearances in the first team before Roy Keane sold him to League One side Huddersfield Town for £350k in 2009.
Since then he has netted more than 200 times, making big money moves to Blackburn (£8m), Middlesbrough (£9m) and Sheffield Wednesday (£8m) as well as earning 14 caps for Scotland.
Speaking back in December 2013, Rhodes said: “I’m still an Ipswich fan, I’m one of them. Never for one moment did I ever want to leave Ipswich Town.”
Norwich manager Daniel Farke is looking to add to his forward line following the summer departures of James Maddison, Josh Murphy, Markey Watkins and Steven Naismith.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
Portman Road hosts the first East Anglian derby of the season on Sunday, September 2.