Former Ipswich Witches star Parker, 49, recovering after heart attack
Former Ipswich Witches speedway star Shane Parker is recovering after suffering a heart attack at home in Australia.
The 49-year-old, who retired in 2014, rode for a who's who of the sport in the UK during his long career, which he started with the Witches in 1990 and stayed at Foxhall for four years.
On their Facebook account, the Witches posted: "Everyone at the club would like to send their best wishes to Shane Parker after he suffered a cardiac arrest at his home in Australia."
It's understood that Parker is recovering in hospital after suffering the attack at his home last Thursday morning.
Parker, a four-time Southern Australia champion who won the Elite League Fours with Ipswich in 1991, also rode for Middlesbrough, King's Lynn, Hull, Belle Vue, Peterborough, Glasgow and Somerset, before finishing his time in England at Sheffield in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
He also rode for several sides in Poland and Sweden before returning to Australia, where he finished his career at Gilman Speedway in Adelaide.
- 1 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency