Experienced Ipswich Town Under-21 side loses 2-0 at Crystal Palace
- Credit: Archant
An experienced Ipswich Town Under-21 side lost 2-0 at Crystal Palace this afternoon.
Scott Loach played in goal for Town, with Freddie Veseli, Anthony Wordsworth and Paul Taylor the three overage outfield players selected. In addition, teenage Aston Villa loanee Jordan Graham also started in front of watching first team boss Mick McCarthy.
Palace boss Tony Pulis was also in attendance, with first teamers Lewis Price, Dwight Gayle and Jonny Williams all playing for the hosts.
The hosts broke the deadlock in 73rd minute when Sullay Kaikai’s 25-yard shot took a slight deflection off Matt Clarke and flew into the net. The win was sealed three minutes from time when Gayle netted a fine free-kick.
Ipswich U21s: Loach, Hammond, Mings, Veseli, M Clarke, Wearen, Graham, Lawrence, Taylor, Wordsworth, Adekunle. Subs: Marsden, Robinson, Doherty, Timlin, Berkane.
You may also want to watch:
Palace U21s: Price, Parr, Inniss, Chambers, Jerome Williams, Campana, Jonny Williams, Boateng, Kaikai, Gayle, De Silva. Subs: Fitzsimons, Dymond, Sekajja, O Sow, Wynter.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him