FA Cup draw: Ipswich Town will travel to Accrington Stanley after third round draw
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town will travel to League One Accrington Stanley in the third round of the FA Cup.
The Blues, winners of the FA Cup in 1978 have endured a miserable time in recent years in the competition.
Indeed Town haven’t got past the third round since they beat Blackpool in the third round in 2010.
Since then the Blues have lost eight third round ties, including a infamous 2017 clash against then-non-league Lincoln City, who Town failed to beat despite two attempts to do so.
For current Ipswich Town players Kayden Jackson and Janoi Donacien, it will be a quick return to a club they left in the summer to join the Blues at Portman Road when Paul Hurst signed them, Donacien on loan.
You may also want to watch:
It is not a clash that will be easy for Paul Lambert’s side, who are currently bottom of the Championship with just one league win in 20.
Stanley are currently in 11th place in League One, having won seven, drawn six and lost seven of their opening 20 league encounters.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
IPSWICH TOWN’s LAST 8 YEARS IN THE FA CUP
2018 3rd Round Sheffield United (Championship) L 0-1 (h)
2017 3rd Round Lincoln (National League) D 2-2 (h), L 1-0 (a)
2016 3rd Round Portsmouth (League Two) D 2-2 (h), L 2-1 (a)
2015 3rd Round Southampton (Premier League) D 1-1 (a), L 1-0 (h)
2014 3rd Round Preston (League One) D 1-1 (h), L 3-2 (a)
2013 3rd Round Aston Villa (Premier League) L 2-1 (a)
2012 3rd Round Hull (Championship) L 3-1 (a)
2011 3rd Round Chelsea (Premier League) L 7-0 (a)
Accrington v Ipswich. Aston Villa v Swansea. Bolton v Walsall/Sunderland. Bournemouth v Brighton. Brentford v Oxford. Bristol City v Huddersfield. Burnley v Barnsley. Chelsea v Nottm Forest. Crystal Palace v Grimsby. Derby v Southampton. Everton v Lincoln. Fulham v Oldham. Gillingham v Cardiff. Guiseley/Fleetwood v AFC Wimbledon. Man City v Rotherham. Man Utd v Reading. Middlesbrough v Peterborough/Bradford. Millwall v Hull. Newcastle v Blackburn. Norwich v Portsmouth. Preston v Doncaster. QPR v Leeds. Sheff Utd v Barnet. Sheff Wed v Luton. Shrewsbury v Stoke. Solihull/Blackpool v Arsenal. Tranmere/Southport v Tottenham. West Brom v Wigan. West Ham v Birmingham. Woking v Watford. Wolves v Liverpool. Wrexham/Newport v Leicester. Ties to be played January 4-7.