FA Cup First Round draw: Colchester United to travel to Gosport Borough, Braintree could face Chesterfield
- Credit: Archant
Resurgent Colchester United will face non-league Gosport Borough away in the first round of the FA Cup.
The U’s, unbeaten in their last four games after a dreadful start to their season saw boss Joe Dunne leave the club, will travel to the Conference South side next month.
The U’s have a dreadful recent history in cup competitions and will be hoping for better under new boss Tony Humes.
Meanwhile, Conference Premier side Braintree Town will host League One Chesterfield if they come through their Fourth Qualifying Round Replay with Weymouth in Essex tonight.
The Iron could only manage a 0-0 draw against a side two leagues below them on Saturday, but will be boosted by the chance to spring an upset on a team two leagues above them in the next round.
You may also want to watch:
And should Conference South side Chelmsford City upset the odds and conquer Conference Premier table-toppers Barnet tonight, they will host League Two outfit Wycombe Wanderers in the First Round.
The Clarets secured a fantastic 0-0 draw in their first match in front of 1,800 fans on Saturday, and will bid for a famous upset tonight.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 6 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
The ties will take place across the weekend of 7-10 November.