Family affair at Woodbridge
WOODBRIDGE Motor Cycle Club staged the final round of the Bowers-sponsored Eastern Two-Man Team Enduro Championships at High House Farm, Bawdsey.A total of 114 riders contested the event, on a three-mile lap circuit, consisting of mainly farmland, with some wooded areas.
WOODBRIDGE Motor Cycle Club staged the final round of the Bowers-sponsored Eastern Two-Man Team Enduro Championships at High House Farm, Bawdsey.
A total of 114 riders contested the event, on a three-mile lap circuit, consisting of mainly farmland, with some wooded areas.
In the championship class it was a family affair for the top-three teams.
Father and son pairing Andy and Steve Mason completed 45 laps, as did the Colchester duo of brothers Chris and Gavin Hockey, but a slightly better time decided victory for the Masons.
In third place were brothers Tim and Dan Rose, from Newmarket, who completed 44 laps in total.
Former trials stars Julian Harvey and James Yearly led after the morning sessions, but machine problems for Harvey saw them finish in seventh place.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
Woodbridge club members Jake Morphey and Rob Evans won the expert class with excellent rides on the fast circuit, completing 43 laps.
Experienced pair Peter Clarke and Chris Nunn were runners up. Clarke rode 22 laps, and Nunn's 20-lap effort put them into second place.
In the clubmans' class, Tom Braddock and Russ Rockyard were also on the pace, covering 43 laps.
East Anglian riders Ben Lee and Daniel Morphey each did 21 laps to take second place in the clubmans' category.
Bowers Motorcycles Two Rider Team Enduro
Championship class: 1 Steve Mason & Andy Mason 45 laps, 2 Chris Hockey & Gavin Hockey 45, 3 Tim Rose & Dan Rose 44, 4 Stephen Revett & Lee Whitney 43, 5 Michael Ridge & Dean Suckling 42, 6 Jamie Roper & Craig Roper 42.
Expert class: 1 Jake Morphey & Rob Evans 43 laps, 2 Peter Clarke & Chris Nunn 42, 3 Gene Womack & Jason Green 42, 4 Derek Grant & Steven Howard 40, 5 Richard Walters & Paul Belton 40, 6 Jeff Sharp & Tim Ford 40.
Clubmans' class: 1 Tom Braddock & Russel Rockyard 43 laps, 2 Ben Lee & Daniel Morphey 42, 3 Darren Eastall & Kevin Mole 40, 4 Olly Tibbenham & Mark Teager 40, 5 Nick Bond & Ben Mead 40, 6 Michael Wyatt & Richard Bensley 40.