Give Josh Emmanuel a chance in the Ipswich Town first team - fans
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town fans want to see young defender Josh Emmanuel given his chance in the first team next season.
Boss Mick McCarthy has hinted that the athletic 20-year-old, who has been on loan at League One Rotherham United all season, may be sent out again next season to get more experience.
But in a poll run on this website, 85% of voters – 250 at the time of writing – said they believe Emmanuel should be given a chance in the first team next season.
After making six senior starts for the Blues in 2015/16, then a further 13 in 2016/17, the athletic homegrown right-back was lent to Rotherham for the entirety of this campaign in order to round off some raw edges.
- MORE: McCarthy on Emmanuel’s future
The 20-year-old was a bit-part player for the Millers in the opening half of the campaign, in part due to injuries, but him nailing down a starting spot in early December has coincided with a remarkable surge up the table for the South Yorkshire club, who currently sit in fourth place.
You may also want to watch:
“Great, fantastic for him,” said McCarthy of his young defender’s form. “There are a lot of people who have watched him and we’ll take the view on him as to whether he’s going to come back and play.
“If he’s not going to come back and play, then he might have to stay out again or do something else. He’s got to come and get back in the team. But he’s done well, he’s had a good season.”
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement