Farah to compete in Great North CityGames
Mo Farah will compete in the Great North CityGames on Saturday, his first appearance since winning World Championship gold in the 5,000 metres.
The 28-year-old, who struck gold on the final day in Daegu, claimed first place on the final day having had to settle for silver in the 10,000m.
He will race over two miles at the event on the Newcastle-Gateshead quayside.
“I’m looking forward to returning to Newcastle for the Great CityGames,” said Farah, who is based in Portland, Oregon.
“I won races there in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and will look to another victory on the quayside this year.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m always happy to run for my country and even though I now live in the US, I’ll be trying my best to make sure we beat them in the team competition.
“I’ve had a great reception since coming back from Daegu and I hope the crowds come out to cheer us on next Saturday.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Farah will be part of the Great Britain team which is taking on the United States.
World 1500m silver medallist Hannah England and 110m hurdles bronze medallist Andy Turner will also compete.