Felixstowe 3 Harleston III 0
Division 3NEFelixstowe 3 Harleston Magpies III 0FELIXSTOWE marched to another victory, maintaining their challenge at the top of Division 3NE. The visitors were up against it right from the off as the Seasiders scored one of the fastest goals in league history.
Felixstowe 3 Harleston Magpies III 0
FELIXSTOWE marched to another victory, maintaining their challenge at the top of Division 3NE.
The visitors were up against it right from the off as the Seasiders scored one of the fastest goals in league history. Directly after the pushback, Alex Woodhouse sent up an immediate aerial ball, which fell into the path of onrushing striker Matt Burden who squared the ball for Phil Leeney to finish neatly in the corner. The goal came with little more than ten seconds on the clock.
You may also want to watch:
With such an early advantage, the home side pressed for more in an attempt to kill the game off early and it wasn't long before a short corner flick from Woodhouse was well saved onto the post, only for skipper Nick Smith to pounce on the rebound, finishing off his second goal in two games.
Harleston came back into the game a little and were afforded more possession by Felixstowe, which allowed them to keep the score line at just 2-0 going into the break.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
In the second half, the Magpies broke up the home team's flowing, passing moves quite well but were unable to turn their own possession into goals.
Instead, somewhat against the run of play, Woodhouse again supplied the ball for Burden to lash home from a seemingly impossible angle.
A late rally from Harleston was to no avail as Felixstowe keeper Andrew Fothergill saved brilliantly from a fierce strike towards the corner.
The Seasiders now seem to be assured of their promotion and are keeping the pressure on the leaders to ensure an interesting finish to the season in Division 3NE.