Felixstowe Rugby Club looking for new members to join men’s, women’s and youth sections
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Pre-season has started at Felixstowe, with the respective men’s and women’s teams providing a very good mix of players.
The men’s first-team train on Thursdays from 7pm, while the women get together on Mondays, at 7pm.
Such is the camararderie that the women often join in with the men and vice-versa.
The men’s pre-season sessions, up to and including July 20 will focus on fitness and basic skills, before the focus – from July 27 – moves on to player and team development. Pre-season games have been arranged for August 26 at Halstead and September 9, against the same opponents.
New members are always welcome, while the club also has a vibrant youth section that meets on Sunday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
Off the field, the club is hosting three “Breakfast with Lions” days to co-incide with the British & Irish Lions’ games against New Zealand, on June 24, July 1 and July 8, from 8am onwards.
On August 5, the club will be holding a fun day between noon and 4pm, the even including goal-kicking contests, drop goals, line out throws, running races, strength tests, a quiz, BBQ, and much more.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
Head coach Dale Hoffman said: “We are really looking forward to building our numbers up and providing the right training and the right level of competition, so that players will enjoy themselves here, improve and become part of a great social community rugby club.
“The club is currently recruiting players for all sections, boys and girls in juniors, older players for youth rugby or women’s touch rugby, and adults for both the first team and the women’s section.