Felixstowe & Walton battling with Newmarket Town to finish second in Thurlow Nunn Premier
- Credit: Photo:Stan Baston
With the destination of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title decided, the battle for the runners-up position goes into the last week.
If Newmarket Town fail to collect three points at home to Kirkley & Pakefield tomorrow and the Seasiders win at Ely, then Kevin O’Donnell’s men will finish second.
Any other combination would see the battle go into the final game when the two sides meet at The Goldstar Ground on April 29.
Both sides should be favourites to collect maximum points although The Seasiders face a tricky test at the Unwin ground with Ely having a decent home record.
The Jockeys host a Kirkley & Pakefield side who have fallen away badly in the second half of the season and have lost five of their last six games.
You may also want to watch:
The Seasiders start the day in second place with Newmarket a point behind but with an inferior goal difference.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 9 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 10 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?