Felixstowe & Walton looking for first home win since October as Diss Town visit
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Felixstowe & Walton United host Thurlow Nunn Premier Division basement side Diss Town at The Goldstar this afternoon, looking to improve their home form.
Opponents Diss travel to Suffolk looking for their first win in five and to add to their meagre tally of just seven points from a possible 60.
On paper, this should be a home banker, but the Seasiders have struggled at what was fortress Goldstar last season, with just three home wins from their nine league games.
That said, they have offered vast levels of entertainment with 44 league goals evenly split between themselves and all opposition this term.
Seasiders boss Kevin O’Donnell would forego the entertainment factor if his side can collect their first win in five, and their first home victory since the beginning of October when they hit six past Ely City, who are in the relegation zone alongside Diss.
You may also want to watch:
With goalkeeper Jamie Stannard still sidelined through injury, Ryan Bedingfield who signed from Brightlingsea Regent prior to last week’s draw at Walsham Le Willows, should make his home debut today looking to steady what has been a nervous defence in recent weeks.
Assistant manager Danny Bloomfield played 70 minutes last week against Walsham, and O’Donnell will be hoping for some pre-Christmas cheer as his long-term injury list of Danny Smy, Jordan Matthews and Josh Hewitt all get close to match fitness and in contention for places in the starting line-up.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
Elsewhere in the Premier Division this weekend, there are three all-Suffolk derbies as Hadleigh United host Mildenhall, Whitton welcome Walsham, and Ipswich Wanderers travel to Kirkley & Pakefield.
Brantham Athletic meanwhile travel to Godmanchester Rovers, Haverhill Rovers visit Stanway Rovers, Gorleston host Thetford, Fakenham welcome Ely, and leaders Norwich United take on Wivenhoe at Plantation Park.