Felixstowe & Walton United bid to reach first major final for 11 years
FELIXSTOWE & Walton United will try to reach their first major cup final for 11 years tonight.
The Seasiders face holders Stanway Rovers in the semi-final of the Red Insure Cup at the Goldstar Ground, start 7.45pm.
They will be playing for a place in the final at Diss Town FC on Monday, May 6, where the winners will face either Wisbech Town or Cambridge University Press, who play next Tuesday.
The Seasiders have only reached the final of this competition once before, when, as Felixstowe Port & Town, they lost 7-2 to Sudbury Wanderers in the 1998-99 season.
Their last appearance in any major cup final was in 2001/02 when Felixstowe lost 3-1 to AFC Sudbury in the Suffolk Premier Cup.
You may also want to watch:
The Seasiders have extra incentive to reach the final tonight after their expulsion from this season’s John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup for fielding an ineligible player in their 2-1 victory over Ipswich Town.
Both Arran Sheppard and Adam Clarke are cup-tied and Nathan Szyszlyk is injured, otherwise manager Kev O’Donnell has a full squad at his disposal.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
Felixstowe squad: D Crump, A Crump, L Pemberton, D Davis, M Powell, J Hewitt, M Buckle, T Deller, J Matthews, D Smy, B Cranfield, J Cole, D Thrower, R Garrett, D Laws, Z Young.