Felixstowe & Walton United sign ex-Leiston man for Thurlow Nunn Premier Division run-in
Where Felixstowe & Walton United finish the season has been taken out of their hands, following last week’s defeat at Stanway Rovers.
Mildenhall are firmly in the driving seat and if they win their remaining games they will be champions, while Gorleston, with a game in hand, can overtake the Seasiders.
However, the two have yet to meet at Gorleston, so something has to give.
Felixstowe boss Kevin O’Donnell knows his side face eight more cup finals in their pursuit of the leaders and strengthened his squad last week with the signing of ex-Leiston man Stuart Boardley, who was unattached.
No doubt O’Donnell feels the 32-year-old midfielder’s experience will be a big plus on and off the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
They face another big test tomorrow, at Saffron Walden.
Walden’s Catons Lane home is always a difficult venue to visit and they have drawn four and won two at home since the new year.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies