Fen Tigers look to build on Monday’s win at Cradley Heath as they entertain Eastbourne at West Row on Sunday
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Following Monday’s sensational opening National League victory at Cradley, the ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers will be looking for more of the same this Sunday as they commence their National Trophy group matches with the visit of Eastbourne.
With No.1 Connor Mountain again on Championship duty with Ipswich, Kevin Jolly will be hoping his replacement performs as Dan Bewley did on Monday. The Fen Tigers promoter has turned to Newmarket-based crowd pleaser Danny Ayres to fill Mountains boots, a rider well known and loved by Mildenhall supporters.
Eastbourne will be also be utilising the guest option as ex-Fen Tiger Connor Coles is also on Championship duty with Newcastle and have bought in the highly promising youngster Jack Parkinson-Blackburn from Birmingham.
The ‘Eagles’ will feature two ex-Fen Tigers in their septet with Mark Baseby and Mattie Bates returning to West Row and also include exciting prospect Tom Brennan at reserve.
Co-promoter James Easter spoke of the importance of Sunday’s Trophy opener.
You may also want to watch:
“The National Trophy is an important competition to us and we will be going all out to win it,” he said.
“In a small group of only three sides you must win your home meetings convincingly and look to pick up points away with just one team from each group qualifying straight to the final.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
“The last two meetings have been much more like what we expect from the team on and off the track and this must become the benchmark for us if we are to succeed this year and achieve the goals the clubs management have set. We will keep pushing this message to the boys and there must be no letting off of these standards”
Mildenhall: ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers – Jon Armstrong (C), Danny Ayres (G), Danny Halsey, Jordan Jenkins, Luke Ruddick, Danno Verge and Sam Woods
Eastbourne: ‘IT First’ Eagles – Mark Baseby, Mattie Bates, Tom Brennan, Kelsey Dugard, Jack Parkinson Blackburn (G), Charley Powell and Georgie Wood (C)