Fen Tigers look to defeat the Kent Kings this weekend, but teenager Jordan Jenkins is missing – he has exams!
- Credit: Gregg Brown
For the second time this season the ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers welcome the Kent Kings to Mildenhall Stadium this Sunday, May 14, 3pm., hoping for a similar result to when the two sides met in the Easter Chase.
Another strong victory will put the Fen Tigers into pole position for a place in the National Trophy final against the winners of Group Two, but they will have to do so without 15-year-old ‘Fen Flyer’ Jordan Jenkins who is about to commence his exams.
Club Promoter Kevin Jolly explained the club’s position – he said: “When James and I spoke to Ross and Jordan about signing for Mildenhall it quickly became apparent that they were not motivated by money, it was Jordan’s education that mattered above all else.
“We were the only club happy to work with them and give assurances that we would support them and their wishes and of course we are happy to stand by this.
“As a club Mildenhall Speedway believe that these young lads education is of paramount importance and that they should not be placed under pressure to ride speedway when they have exams coming up.
“It is important that we work with their families to help develop these boys on and off the track and it is a responsibility we take very seriously. Jordan will miss a handful of meetings over the next few weeks and he leaves us with our very best wishes.
“If he shows the same application and skill as he does on his speedway bike we are sure he will achieve the results he desires. We will look at the options available to us while Jordan is taking his exams but with the whole team performing as a strong unit I expect us to continue to perform well and win our matches, all the lads rode brilliantly on Sunday and showed incredible spirit Saturday evening to take something out of a difficult trip to Eastbourne”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 4 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 5 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 6 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 7 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 8 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 9 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 10 Haverhill man taken to hospital after being assaulted by burglars
Sunday’s teams –
Mildenhall ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers – Jon Armstrong, Danny Halsey, Connor Mountain, Luke Ruddick, Danno Verge, Sam Woods, TBA
Kent ‘SLYDE’ Kings – Bradley Andrews, Luke Bowen, Luke Clifton, Ben Hopwood, Anders Rowe, Nathan Stoneman, Jack Thomas