Fernandes says he needs to quit City
GELSON Fernandes has said he needs to quit Man City, but admitted it will be difficult to leave “the richest club in the world.
GELSON Fernandes has said he needs to quit Man City, but admitted it will be difficult to leave “the richest club in the world.”
The 22-year-old midfielder has managed to command just three Premier League starts this campaign - a disappointing return for a player who had hoped to become a key component of the side after what was roundly perceived to be an encouraging first season at the City of Manchester Stadium.
“I'm not a regular in the City team and I'm really not happy about that, and also about my own form,” Fernandes confessed to skysports.com.
“I like Man City but I need to think about my playing time as well so we will see at the end of the season,” he added, while making sure to point out that “Monaco is not the only team interested in me.”
Celtic and Hamburg have also been credited with an interest in Fernandes, along with Bolton Wanderers, who had rivalled City for his signature when he first arrived as a largely unknown quantity from Swiss side Sion in the summer of 2007.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 9 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143