Spotlight on the Clare Castle parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In the latest in our Series of the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we focus on the Clare Castle parkrun before and after Christmas
The Clare Castle parkrun, one of the ‘younger’ parkruns in our region, celebrated its second Christmas following its inaugural event in September, 2017.
The pre-Christmas run, last Saturday week, proved popular with fancy-dress entrants as a field of 112 tackled the normal free 5K route, around three laps of Clare Castle Country Park, close to the River Stour.
Chay Hopkins was first home in 18mins 22secs, followed by Harry Beddows (18:29) and teenager Alex Quarrell (19:26). Tracy Quarrell (23:51) was the first female.
Numbers were boosted to 124 at the 63rd event, held on Saturday. Peter Miller, of Haverhill RC, was first home in a PB of 18:19. Louis Suggett was second in 18:45, one of 34 first-time visitors to the Clare event. Suggett is a familiar face at the Ipswich parkrun, and has run 154 parkruns in total.
You may also want to watch:
Laura Hague was the first female in 23:33 on her first visit to Clare Castle. She is a regular at Chelmsford and Great Notley.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'