Fire at Bury Town FC clubhouse delays match against Witham Town
- Credit: Archant
The clubhouse at Bury Town Football Club was evacuated on Wednesday night after a fire broke out in the kitchen.
There were no injuries in the blaze which caused a 15-minute delay to the match against Witham Town at Ram Meadow.
Two fire engines were called to the ground at 7.15pm. Firefighters used specialist breathing equipment to gain access to the clubhouse and tackle the flames.
The fire had been put out and brought under control by 7.58pm, according to the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
During the incident, the club said on Twitter: “Kick off delayed due to a small fire in the clubhouse. Scheduled to kick off at 8pm.”
You may also want to watch:
No further details about the fire were issued, but it is believed the kitchen suffered extensive damage.
The Ryman North Division match was due to kick-off at 7.45pm, but started 15 minutes later. Bury lost 3-1 to Witham in front of a crowd of 207 spectators.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners