First-half goals see off Town
Southampton Res 2 Ipswich Res 0FIRST half goals from Feliciano Condesso and David McGoldrick were enough for Southampton to defeat Ipswich Town in last night's Premiership Reserve League fixture at Saints' training ground.
Southampton Res 2 Ipswich Res 0
FIRST half goals from Feliciano Condesso and David McGoldrick were enough for Southampton to defeat Ipswich Town in last night's Premiership Reserve League fixture at Saints' training ground.
In snowy and freezing conditions Ipswich took a while to get going, but after the interval they came into their own. “If we had scored we could have gone on and won,” Town coach Steve McCall said.
“Marcus Garnham, the Woodbridge Town keeper, did very well and made two or three superb saves. Billy Clarke set up our best chance for Kieran Leabon and if that had gone in it might have been a different result.
You may also want to watch:
“Adam Proudlock went off with a recurrence of his knee injury. It was more of a precaution and he may well be fit for Saturday.
“Vemund Brekke Skard struggled a bit in the first period and knows now what is needed in English football. He will be working hard on this in training. Cathal Lordan, Sammy Moore and Liam Trotter all did well.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
Ipswich Reserves: Garnham, Moore, Nash, Short, Ainsley (Webster 85), Skard, Lordan, Trotter, Knights, Proudlock (Leabon 46) and Clarke. Subs: Sheringham and Nimmo.